08 January 2011

Hipstapatic

There is a camera application you can buy for the iPhone called "Hipstamatic" which allows you to take photos which have a vintage feel to them.  There are several different lenses, films, and flashes available for purchase (all worth it, in my opinion) each of which produces a different effect on the photo.

I'm sure I'll be posting several of the photos I take using this application over the course of this blog.


The below photos were taken in the "History of Warfare" Gallery at the U.S. Military Academy (West Point) Museum.  I don't remember exactly which battles the dioramas depict.  The first one is from the era of the Roman Empire, the middle two are around the time of the Napoleonic Wars, and the fourth is of World War II.

The photos were taken through a pane of glass, which might explain for some of the distortion and lack of focus.  Overall, I really like how these turned out.

Lens:  Jimmy
Film:  BlacKeys SuperGrain
Flash:  Standard


No comments:

Post a Comment